Heading North

Daniel Edwards, owner of White Noise, 2015/16 ORCV Offshore Championship winner is receiving some good publicity about his campaign to take a break from the Melbourne winter to compete in the northern regattas.

First published on the Magnetic Island Race Week site (http://magneticislandraceweek.com.au/latest-news), the story has also been picked up by others including Sail World and Yachts and Yachting.
Good luck to Daniel and his crew and we hope to hear some more news from them over the journey!

Daniel Andrews aboard White Noise at the start of the 2015 Devonport Race © Neville Rose

 

We received this information from David Taylor after a request in the ORCV Volunteers newsletter. As David says, “There are a lot of good stories involving ORCV yachts. Let's all get together and help make it happen.” If you have something you would like to share with our readers, send us an email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Winter Series NTC4 is now published
07 Jul 2018 00:01

The 2018 “Blairgowrie Ice Bucket” is still up for grabs! WS_NTC4 has now been published on the website, confirming that our host, Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron (BYS) has agreed to our request to reschedule Race Two of the Winter Series, the Blairgowrie Passage Race. This race is now scheduled for Saturday 21st July, 2018, with the first warning at 0925. We are thrilled to have found a way to [ ... ]

more...
2018 ORCV Winter Series – Race 2
06 Jul 2018 01:30

2018 ORCV Winter Series – Race 2 After what has been a roller coaster ride with the weather forecast all this week, the gods have finally conspired against us with gale winds being forecast for Port Philip on Saturday.  All of the data are consistent at this time and the BOM Duty Forecaster has a high level of confidence in the current weather outlook. Unfortunately, that leaves the Race C [ ... ]

more...
Melbourne To Blairgowrie Weather Update
05 Jul 2018 07:35

Thursday Weather Update The weather for this weekend's race to Blairgowrie  looked very hopeful this morning as the BOM had updated the forecast, predicting winds less than 25 knots. The latest forecast has deteriorated so unfortunately a definite decision cannot be made at this time. The forecast will reviewed again Friday morning and a final decision will be made then.  [ ... ]

more...
2018 M2B Race
04 Jul 2018 02:47

For the latest weather update for this weekend race watch the video below. There is still a chance that the race will be run and we will give you a definiative answer on Thursday evening  

more...
Other Articles