Is your SSSC qualification up-to-date?

The Summer sailing season will soon be upon us- yes we have passed the shortest day of the year!
Are you ready? If your SSSC qualification has lapsed or you are looking to enrol in this course now is your chance. The next full course will be held on 17th-18th September 2016 and the re-validation course on 18th September 2016.
This course is a great forum for all racing and recreational sailors, addressing safety awareness, responsibility, practical strategies for dealing with emergencies at sea and familiarisation and deployment of safety equipment. Don’t forget that for Cat 2 races ORCV require 50% of the crew aboard to have this qualification. If you are racing in the double-handed division, both crew must comply.
We are also looking for Volunteers to assist with the course and we aim for you to have a positive and enjoyable experience in this volunteering role. We will pair you up with an expert Mentor/Buddy to provide training  and support before and during the activity.
If you can assist with any activities, please send a confirmation email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Click HERE to register for the course.

Winter Series NTC4 is now published
07 Jul 2018 00:01

The 2018 “Blairgowrie Ice Bucket” is still up for grabs! WS_NTC4 has now been published on the website, confirming that our host, Blairgowrie Yacht Squadron (BYS) has agreed to our request to reschedule Race Two of the Winter Series, the Blairgowrie Passage Race. This race is now scheduled for Saturday 21st July, 2018, with the first warning at 0925. We are thrilled to have found a way to [ ... ]

more...
2018 ORCV Winter Series – Race 2
06 Jul 2018 01:30

2018 ORCV Winter Series – Race 2 After what has been a roller coaster ride with the weather forecast all this week, the gods have finally conspired against us with gale winds being forecast for Port Philip on Saturday.  All of the data are consistent at this time and the BOM Duty Forecaster has a high level of confidence in the current weather outlook. Unfortunately, that leaves the Race C [ ... ]

more...
Melbourne To Blairgowrie Weather Update
05 Jul 2018 07:35

Thursday Weather Update The weather for this weekend's race to Blairgowrie  looked very hopeful this morning as the BOM had updated the forecast, predicting winds less than 25 knots. The latest forecast has deteriorated so unfortunately a definite decision cannot be made at this time. The forecast will reviewed again Friday morning and a final decision will be made then.  [ ... ]

more...
2018 M2B Race
04 Jul 2018 02:47

For the latest weather update for this weekend race watch the video below. There is still a chance that the race will be run and we will give you a definiative answer on Thursday evening  

more...
Other Articles