Race to the Pacific Survey Results
We had 74 people respond with over 50% as skippers interested in participating and another 15% as crew who thought they could convince and support their skipper to becoming involved.
On other questions asked, it seems that:
- 11 days seems to be optimal,
- Vanuatu lead slightly over Noumea and then Fiji as destinations
- June and July were preferred
- with 50% indicating being interested in a rally back to Australia (23% doing their own cruise back) and
- 71% overall indicating that they’d like to join at least 1 race week in Queensland.
Thank you also for sharing your experiences in these locations and knowledge as it helps us understand the undertaking and what is out there in terms of marinas at the various locations.
So where to now you ask? All the feedback and responses have been collated and transferred through to the Sailing Committee who will work through the responses in the coming months.
We will keep in touch and yes let’s all keep dreaming of sailing off to somewhere warm, somewhere in the Pacific.