The ORCV relies on volunteers to support its objectives and there are many recognized roles for assistance within the framework of the organisation's activities.
In February 2016, the General Committee agreed to appoint a Volunteer Sub-Committee to help formalise a policy that encapsulates the spirit of volunteering, provides training where required for activities, an opportunity for feedback and ensures we meet the expectations of our volunteers.
ORCV Volunteer Policy
- ORCV is committed to operations provided by a skilled, enthusiastic and experienced group of volunteers.
- ORCV actively encourage volunteers to enter the organisation and develop skills supported by a range of formal training, buddying and mentoring.
- ORCV is committed to continuous improvement in its volunteer group through regular feedback and formal and informal assessment and communication.
- ORCV views the volunteer group as a critical element of its success and will do everything in its power to provide and support growth opportunities to allow real participation in a supportive and respectful environment.
- ORCV’s Flag Officers lead by example, setting standards in the application of policy and procedures along with supporting, mentoring and recognising the input of volunteers.
Areas where you can help - to name a few!
- Race Management on and off water.
- Incident Management Team
- Training Courses- SSSC, Rip Tour, Weather, Navigation, Beyond the Bay, Practical Radio course
- Website articles/photos
We value your contribution and encourage you to assist with two activities per calendar year so we can spread the load. Check out the ORCV calendar here.
New volunteers will be provided with a buddy for activities, training materials and general information regarding day, date, time, venue, what to bring and what help is required from you.
It is a great way to meet people involved in Ocean Racing activities, make friends, share knowledge and feel rewarded for your input.