Wesley College Information
Wesley College, 577 St. Kilda Road, Melbourne. Click here for Google Maps location pin.
- Enter via the pedestrian gate situated on Moubray Street (gate 1 or 2)
- Make your way to the Middle School (near item 11 in the MENZIES wing on the map below) for registration
- The pool is located at the Senior School.
- The flare shoot is conducted on the front turf area.
See below map for Campus and entrance location.
There is no parking available at Wesley College and parking in the area is limited. Please allow enough time to find a car park. Moubray Street is a great starting point.
It is highly recommended that public transport is used. Tram stops are located on St. Kilda Road and Prahran station on the Sandringham line is close by. Visit https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/journey to plan your trip.
Wesley College Guidelines
We ask that you adhere to the guidelines requested of us by Wesley College for use of their facility.
- No food is allowed in classrooms
- No alcohol is allowed on the premises
- Smoking is not permitted on the premises either within the buildings or on the grounds.
- Parking on the grass is strictly prohibited.
What to bring
- Closed shoes must be worn.
- Flares, gloves and protective eye wear will be provided.
- If you have long hair, please bring a hair tie and ensure it is secured for the flare shoot.
Pool Wet Drill
The Wet Drill takes place in a heated pool at Wesley College.
Please bring along the following items:
- Full ocean clothing comprising of inner thermal layer, mid layer and outer ocean wet weather gear layer.
- Sea boots. If you do not have sea boots or never wear them while ocean sailing, replicate the footwear you would normally wear when ocean sailing.
- Lifejacket compliant with current standards. If you do not have a Lifejacket and cannot borrow one from someone. Should you not have a life jacket, we do have a small number that can be hired. Please note, there is a charge which is non refundable (should you not attend) which covers replacement of our loan gear. Book and show your ticket at the course. There is a limited number so reservations are required here https://www.trybooking.com/CHCMP
- All life jackets MUST have a Crotch strap
If inflating your lifejacket manually, please remove the gas bottle.
Wash all clothing including wet weather gear beforehand and empty all pockets.
It is recommended that you ensure all items are labelled with your name so you can be notified if you’ve left them on site.